VA Central Iowa Health Care System
About the Program
The Parkinson's Disease Research, Education, and Clinical Center (PADRECC) at VAMC Prototype serves as a nationwide referral center providing comprehensive care to patients with Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders.
The Center specializes in applying advanced surgical techniques to the treatment of —
- Parkinson's disease
- essential tremor
- other movement disorders
Services offered by the Center include —
- extensive neurological and neurosurgical evaluation to determine if a patient is an appropriate candidate for surgical treatment
- systematic pre-operative testing of patients deemed to be candidates for surgical treatment
- surgical treatment
- pallidotomy, a procedure which can signficantly improve most signs of Parkinson's disease
- thalamotomy, a procedure effective in reducing tremors
- Main Hospital
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m.